Thursday, December 31, 2009

Airmap 1000

I must have been a good boy this year because there was a Lowrance Airmap 1000 waiting under the tree for me. Thanks to my old man for hooking me up big time this is going to be a great tool for flight planning and a perfect addition to the simple gauges of the Cessna 150. I find it very intuitive to use but there is still tons I need to learn. My favorite pages are the HSI with altitude, ground speed and vertical speed information; and the moving map with compass overlay. I'm also looking forward to taking it with me on a commercial flight although this might have to wait a while due to the security threat a student pilot armed with a GPS could pose to the safety of the aircraft ;) Standby for a report of my first flying lesson with the Airmap. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment