Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 56 and Beyond

I just finished my 56th ski day of the season at Camp Fortune. The entire hill was closed so Dan, Brodie and I did a huge tour climbing and skiing 3 out of 5 major ski areas. A fantastic way to wind up the ski season out East for the year. Looking into next week I will be flying to Vancouver to start a new adventure traveling by bicycle across BC, Yukon and Alaska. You can see the map of the route I intend to follow below. The idea is to cycle from Vancouver to Whitehorse via Osoyoos, Nelson, Revelstoke, and Terrace. From Whitehorse the plan is to hang out for a while and then make my way from Whitehorse to Skagway then Juneau back to Prince Rupert.

The trip will be done solo, human-powered and is flexible in duration and route. I plan to include fishing and hiking as major components of the trip. I will look for opportunities to acquire local knowledge and explore unique places that few will ever get the chance to experience. I intend to provide regular updates on my progress through this blog. I have no set beginning or end dates and may decide to stop the trip at any point along the way for any reason. As long as I am being safe and having fun that is the most important thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment